We recognise there is a lot of uncertainty and fear at the moment regarding the spreading Coronavirus. As a church, the Vicar and Churchwardens are meeting regularly to ensure our policies are continuously reviewed.
We recognise the need to allay fears but also to prevent the spread of the virus. As such, and in line with the Church of England guidelines, our current policy is as follows:
- Good hygiene practices should be followed including washing hands thoroughly with warm soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds, carrying tissues and catching coughs/sneezes and then binning the tissue, regular use of hand sanitizer.
- Congregants will be encouraged to wash their hands before entering the liturgical space.
- Intinction (the practice of dipping the wafer in the chalice) should not take place.
- The sharing of the peace by physical contact is currently suspended.
-The common cup has been suspended for the time being. To receive in only one kind (ie the host) is a full and valid communion and the priest thoroughly washes their hands and uses hand gel prior to handling the host.
- Blessings will still take place, however the physical laying on of hands is currently suspended.
- The collection plate will not be passed round, rather we will provide a retiring collection.
- We will continue to provide tea and coffee however biscuits and food will be stopped for the time being.
- We are actively exploring ways of providing opportunities for worship for those who choose to self-isolate.
With thanks for your co-operation in this. Do please get in contact with any queries.
0115 779 9468